I believe that the Next Industrial Revolution will be based around locally owned renewable energy, smart tech and decentralised power. How do I know this? Because people in cities around the world are aware that they are breathing poisonous air and they’re getting angry about it. I see Germany, China and even the USA investing heavily in the industry as they know that if they can make scalable products it will form the bedrock of their economy for the next 100 years.
In the UK however we have backwards looking politicians who are slashing support for clean tech and doubling down on dirty fuels and nuclear with eye-watering costs for our bill payers and our environment.
As a Green I’m determined to speak out against these mad policy decisions and fight hard to make sure that in 10-15 years time we’re not going to look back realise that we missed the start gun on the Next Industrial Revolution.
In no particular order these are my beliefs:
- I believe that the most vulnerable people in our society should get the most support.
- I don’t believe that our health service should be privatized.
- I believe that clean tech and renewables are the Next Industrial Revolution and our best chance in tackling Climate Change.
- I believe that climate change is overwhelmingly our biggest threat.
- I believe that there should be more taxes levied on the wealthiest people in society.
- I don’t believe that money should be funneled offshore or that tax should be avoided.
- I believe that every child who goes through primary and secondary school in Wales should leave fluent in both Welsh and English. I want Wales to be a nation of linguists with the skills to pick up additional languages from an increasingly integrated world.
- I believe that an economic system that demands growth every single year is mathematically incongruous with a planet of a finite size.
- I believe in an increase in environmental protection.
- I don’t believe that we should bomb countries who pose zero threat to us.
- I don’t believe that my taxes should be spent on weapons of mass destruction.
- I believe that the creation of money should be brought under democratic control.
- I believe that the Mainstream Media have a great deal of questions to answer about their conduct.
- I believe we have an advertising industry that is exaggerating peoples self-doubt – leading to many of us spending money we haven’t got, on things we don’t need, to impress people we don’t even know.
- I believe that everyone is equal.